Welcome to Law and Justice
Developed by Education Development Center, Inc., the Law and Justice Program aims to achieve the following goals:
- Empower Youth
- The program empowers young people to solve problems, develop innovative solutions, and take civic action as productive members of society and of the "fourth branch" of the government.
- Foster Change
- The curriculum helps students develop knowledge and skills to contribute to and improve the legal and criminal justice systems, as youth now and as professionals tomorrow.
- Improve Education
- Professional development supports educators in implementing an inquiry- and project-based approach to teaching and learning.
- Advance Democracy and Promote Justice
- We collaborate with youth, educators, legal practitioners, and communities to help promote equal justice, uphold the principles of democracy, and advance human rights.
The Law and Justice program includes innovative curriculum and research-based professional development. It is comprised of two courses: Foundations in Law and Foundations in Criminal Justice.