Welcome to Law and Justice
Developed by Education Development Center, Inc., the Law and Justice Program aims to achieve the following goals:
- Empower Youth
- The program empowers young people to think critically and solve problems, develop innovative solutions, and take civic action as productive members of society and of the "fourth branch" of the government.
- Foster Change
- The curriculum helps students develop knowledge and skills to contribute to and improve the legal and criminal justice systems, as youth now and as professionals tomorrow.
- Improve Education
- Professional development and technical assistance support educators in implementing inquiry- and project-based teaching and learning and help schools adapt the program to align with local context.
- Advance Democracy and Promote Justice
- We collaborate with educational institutions, legal practitioners, communities, NGOs, and policy makers by working to integrate principles of equal justice, democracy, and human rights with education.
The Law and Justice program includes innovative curriculum and research-based professional development/technical assistance. It is comprised of two courses: Foundations in Law and Foundations in Criminal Justice. It is geared for secondary schools and can be adapted for after-school programs, community colleges, juvenile centers, and community-based settings. For additional information, contact Eliza Fabillar at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Juliuson at email@example.com.