Welcome to Law and Justice
Developed by Education Development Center, Inc., the Law and Justice Program aims to achieve the following goals:
- Empower Students
- The program empowers young people to solve problems, develop innovative solutions, and take civic action as members of the "fourth branch" of the U.S. government.
- Foster Change
- The curriculum helps students develop knowledge and skills to contribute to and improve the legal and criminal justice systems, as youth now and as professionals tomorrow.
- Improve Education
- Professional development supports educators in implementing an inquiry- and project-based approach to teaching.
- Advance Democracy and Promote Justice
- We collaborate with youth, educators, legal practitioners, and communities to help promote equal justice and uphold the principles of democracy.
The Law and Justice program includes innovative curriculum and research-based professional development. It is comprised of two courses: Foundations in Law and Foundations in Criminal Justice.